16 March 2007

DST earlier and longer for 2007


Being a call center agent the Daylight Saving Time is sort of also observed. Our account supports 8am to 8pm EST. I'm on the opening shift, so before DST kicks in my shift starts 9pm and ends 6am. Even if it's just an hour, it's a big deal for me to wake up an hour earlier. I planned to practice going to work an hour earlier the week before the time change. Unfortunately I wasn't aware that DST would be earlier this year. We were advised with only three working days left!

Well, it has been about a week and thank God I haven't incurred any lates.

So, why was it earlier than expected?

On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday in March and end the first Sunday in November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to resume the 2005 Daylight Saving Time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.


Waah! And I was also surprised that it's longer this time! Haay.. I'm still trying to look at the brighter side of things, that atleast I'm able go home earlier.

But this shift is the "no social life shift". And I'm starting to feel it. I'm really getting lonely.. Haaaay...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin