23 March 2007

very late review for zsazsa zaturnnah


This post is indeed over due. I almost thought of not even posting about ZsaZsa Zaturnnah, but I just can't help it!

I have been captivated by Carlo Vergara's creation since I first saw the comic book. My friend showed me one. They are already talking about the upcoming auditons for the musical! I started reading a few pages, and there! I didn't stop laughing to the point that I was about to be late for my class. I got so curious that I really had to finish reading it. I think I read it twice from cover to cover up to the smallest imprints! Heheheh! I got addicted!

Then, we get to watch Ze Muzikal! The 1st staging!

  • Eula Valdes was a very wonderful surprise! They say this is her first musical, but it didn't really show.
  • Tuxqs Rutaquio really looked like Ada in the comics. He can, as should be, sing very well.
  • I loved Ricci Chan! I have seen him guesting on tv shows prior to this one, and I really noticed that it seem he fattened himself to get the role! He made himself look like Didi in the comic book! And it worked wonders! He has phenomenal talent! Great acting, superb singing and perfect timing to throw in his punch lines. It's just really sad when eventually he no longer joined the cast after the 2nd staging. I didn't get to watch Joey Paras, who reprised the role of Didi, perform. They said he's good. But when I saw him, Ricci Chan is still the best humanization of Didi. I'm still wondering up to this moment why he left the stage and the role. Is it because of his prime time soap opera? I hope not. It's just for me, if I were to choose, I'd rather be ON stage than in front of the camera. So, why Ricci?! WHY?!?
  • Dodong was so cute and charming. Heheheh!
  • I didn't get to see Agot play Queen Femina but Kalila Aguilos was soo good!
  • I'm a fan of Wilma Doesn't and I really loved her here! I hope she enjoys theater as much as I do..
I'm not the number one fan. I don't really know who is, but my friend is sooo addicted to this that he personally contacted Vincent de Jesus to get a copy of the play's original score! And after a week or two, almost everyone has been singing the songs!!

  • "Multo ng Nakaraan" had me in tears..
  • "Walang Ibang Pangarap Kundi Sya" became our national anthem! Hahahaha!
  • "Nakikita Ko Na Ang Nakakasilaw Na Ilaw" made me laugh and cry at the same time!!!
I enjoyed every scene! Even the announcement of the 10-minute break was so cute! Haahahah! I understood that perfectly well.. Hmmm...

Then came Ze Movee..

One good thing I could think of about this movie, is how they changed what the aliens were doing to the world. I don't think moviegoers would be able to understand why ZsaZsa Zaturnnah should fight them if they would still go with what was on the comic book.

For the rest though, I hated it..

Rustom Padilla was too gay for Ada's role. His speaking voice was sooo high! And the funny part is, Alfred Vargas' was even higher!! Bwahahahahahaha!

They took out Didi's songs!! I love those songs! It was as if Chokoleit doesn't know how to sing. But he performs in bars, right? So, why not make him sing?

Haay... I was nothing but disappointed.

Zsazsa Zaturnnah started on a very good medium. Creative and unique. It went on a high when it became a musical. The stage gave class and glitter. And it plopped down to something unentertainingly funny movie. I really hate cameras. (movies and tv)

I still love ZsaZsa Zaturnnah though. I'm just very lucky to witness its glamour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin