31 May 2007

sobb

this scene made me sob. i was not able to do that for a long time already. i know how emotional ally mcbeal can make me, but i did not expect that i would be actually sobbing. and i really can't imagine that i would be sobbing because of a nelle porter scene.

Elaine comes to Richard (who is standing next to Nelle) and says they are having a problem with John. She says he's in the unisex and he just keeps dismounting. They all go to the unisex where they find John going round and round on a stall and Georgia stuck on the other side of the room. John doesn't let go until Nelle tells him to. He has built up so much force that he is propelled into the stall in front of him, accidentally flushing the toilet. Nelle tells everyone to get out. She turns and opens a stall door and finds Elaine in it. "Unless you'd like me to do the other shin," Nelle says. "Itchbay," says Elaine. When they are finally alone, Nelle tells John that anger may not be any more attractive on him but it's certainly more exciting. "You made fun of my stuttering and my smile therapy," he says. "You are a mean woman." Nelle says she was an angry woman and a threatened one. John wonders why. "You and Ally connect on a very odd but fundamental level and this notion of waiting for the one person who's all things -- I think I'm afraid that if you do that, I'm not that person," she says. "I don't want children. You do. This inner world thing – I don't share that, and, Barry White? I don't believe in two people interlocking in every way, and this Ally McBeal 'it takes two to make one" nonsense, it just makes me want to vomit." John asks why they are even bothering with each other if they are so different. "I want to be with someone different from me," Nelle says. John says that differences can be fatal. "Why can't two people grow together? Meet somewhere in the middle. I can learn to appreciate some of your likes and vice versa," she says. She asks him to name something he wants her to do and she will work on it. He looks in the mirror and hears Barry White. "Oh, God," Nelle says. "That one's non-negotiable," John says. Nelle says she likes Barry White. John says he needs her to love Barry White. "I'm beginning to love you," Nelle says, "Don't you get that? And every time she comes running to you, it just makes me insecure, that you'll run to her." "I'm not running anywhere," John says, "You gave me a frog. You gave me Barry White. I'm not going anywhere. And, I'm beginning to love you, too." They smile and kiss, then share a very long hug.

http://allymcbeal.tktv.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin