05 September 2009

Project Laptop: COMPLETED!

my dad gave me my laptop back in november 2007.  it got broken sometime before september 2008.  i was able to get it back, working but with a faulty battery, june 2009.  and having a faulty battery meant that it only works for about 5 minutes without being plugged to an outlet.  so, it's not really as portable as a laptop should be. 

so the first task is to buy a working battery for my laptop.  and it was really hard looking for it in coputer stores in malls.  we tried greenhills but it would take 2 weeks to 2 months, since it needs to be ordered.  dell's service centers are of no help.  the numbers i have tried calling kept on transferring me to a department where no one answers.  other authorized dell dealers have the simillar wait time. 

we fould one store or booth in SM North Edsa who repairs laptops and we could order the battery, the wait time is about 3 days.  i held back.  i forgot why but most probably it's because of how much it is.

we weren't able to reach gilmore.  we were so tired already going from mall to mall and asking from shops to shops.

i then, asked my cousin, since he owns a buy and sell site (pinoybuynsell.com), he may know someone selling laptop batteries.  eBay doesn't have any available for my laptop brand and model (dell lattitude d620).  he recommended that i check TipidPC.com and there i fould someone selling laptop batteries and specifically having my brand and model on the list!  it's for Php 4,000.00 and they have a store at St. Francis Square!  the store is named HotToyz and they carry a lot of replacement laptop batteries.  and it's a good thing they have one for me readily available!  thus, no more hassle of waiting for days, weeks and months!  after buying the battery, we went to the mall (of course), and i tried it out.  viola!  my laptop is now portable!

after settling the biggest issue, i considered Project Laptop to be 50% complete.  the next steps would be to get a laptop bag that doesn't look like a laptop and a prepaid broadband internet service provider.  and i'm all set.

while we were searching for a battery, we were also looking at the malls for a good looking laptop bag.  and whenever i find something to my taste, i would look at the price tag and it would range from Php 3,000 - 5,000!  and no, i don't think i have the heart nor the wallet to be able to buy a bag of such extravagance.  so, tin, the one who is more addicted to eBay than i am, was searching for a bag for me.  then, she found this seller that points to a Multiply site where the gallery of laptop bags are.  and the price showing on eBay is just Php 1,000.  so, i went to check out BrattyBonita.  and their laptop bag designs are very much to my liking!  they really don't look like a laptop bag at all.  i asked tae to pick up a design for me.  she said, that there are too many bags and she's too lazy to look for the laptop bags.  to her surprise, i told her, "all the bags there are laptop bags!"  so, she searched the site and recommended a number of laptop bags for me.  she picked out 5 designs.  they were on sale last august so, i was able to get some discount on a bag.  thinking about how much bags these good costs in malls, i bought two!  one that's sort of sporty and one that's a bit formal.  and but still not looking like a laptop bag at all!  i was able to get both bags for the price of one if you buy it from a store. 

at almost the same time, cha offered to sell me his broadband prepaid kit.  and as i researched, it's the cheapest among those who offer the same service.  thus, cogitations is now powered by Sun Cellular!

my laptop is now portable.  i could carry it without being obviously carrying a laptop and i can go online! yipee!

1 comment:

  1. Problem: HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.
    had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick google search to fix the problem but that did not help me.
    I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, i decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com).
    Reasons I chose them over the others:
    1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request.
    2) Their prices were extremely reasonable.
    3) They were ready and willing to walk me through the entire process step by step and were on call with me till i got it fixed.
    How did they do it
    1) They first asked me to state my problem clearly and asked me a few questions. This was done to detect any physical connectivity issues with the printer.
    2) After having answered this, they confirmed that the printer and the laptop were functioning correctly.
    3) They then, asked me if they could access my laptop remotely to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. I agreed.
    4) One of the tech support executi1ves accessed my laptop and started troubleshooting.
    5) I sat back and watched as the tech support executive was navigating my laptop to spot the issue. The issue was fixed.
    6) I was told that it was due to an older version of the driver that had been installed.
    My Experience
    I loved the entire friendly conversation that took place with them. They understood my needs clearly and acted upon the solution immediately. Being a technical noob, i sometimes find it difficult to communicate with tech support teams. It was a very different experience with the guys at Online Tech Repairs. You can check out their website www.onlinetechrepairs.com or call them on 1-914-613-3786.
    Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs help fixing their computers.
    Thanks a ton guys. Great Job....!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin