22 February 2007

American Idol Season 6 Top 24

I missed the airing of the show. I was able to watch the whole episode though via You Tube. (American Idol 6-The 24 semi-finalist-episode 10)


AJ Tabaldo

He was not that remarkable for me during the onset of the competition. Well, I'm not sure if he was featured during his auditions since I wasn't able to watch all the previos episodes.

One remarkable thing though, is he's a Filipino. Once again the Filipino people would be glued to American Idol and watch what would happen next to this contestant. Good thing, a lot of Filipinos are in the United States, thus, they can actually vote for AJ. Seeing his name on the list, and having Tabaldo as his list name, I was almost a hundred percent sure that he has Filipino blood flowing through his veins.

I sure would watch out for this guy. I'm currently searching for clips featuring his singing capabilities. But if he's on the top 24, he's supposed to be good. He auditioned in LA, I'll be checking the LA Audition episode and look out for this guy. On this episonde though, he showed his unique style in singing.

He's not bad looking either. He just needs to keep the people impressed with his voice. Something Jose "Sway" Penala needed to have and do last season.

Well, if things won't work for AJ, he could go here in the Philippines and be famous!


Antonella Barba

Most of her exposures are featured. It's not hard to remember her face and I find her name very sweet. She got stuck to me as the "better best friend". She really has a good voice. I can still remember when Simon told her during her auditions that in this business, when somebody is down, you kick them. Well, she just shook her head in disapproval.
She's beautiful. Another reason why she's on the final 24.

I think she's talented too. Her voice impressed me during her auditions. She just had a terrible group performance, though. She really didn't do well in the Hollywood week. I was actually expecting that she won't get in because of how much she failed to remember her lyrics. Most probably the clips on the episode lead everyone to believe that she will be eliminated from the competition. Let's see how long she'll last.


Gina Glocksen

I'm not that enthralled by her voice, but she's like a rock star to me. She looks really cool with her tattoos and her style. I like what she did to her hair.

Character is really something they're looking for. Not just the voice. She seems to have a tendency to blend with the background though but the stage won't eat her. If you're looking for X-factor, I think she got it.

She's not the model pretty type, she doesn't even look like a movie star but she's not ugly or even someone you could say bad looking. She's just not the typical type of girl guys drool over. And that's not a disadvantage. As long as she keeps her character on the stage when she performs, she's on the right track.


Chris Sligh

He's sweet and funny. Quite a character. I think that's the reason why he's on the list.

He has a good voice of course. I'm not sure though if that would stand out until the end. He was on the best group during Hollywood week and I think he was the one singing the high pitch. He really has a good singing voice. His last song for Hollywood week is really special and sweet! Good style. I think he could make it all the way.

I think I've seen his audition, but I'm not really sure. I could've mistaken him for another plump guy.

It was really smart and funny of him to act as if he called for a meeting with the judges during the top 24 deliberation episode.I'm actually looking forward to his antics and videos. They could be really something funny and to watch for.


Paul Kim

His inspiration in joining the competition was William Hung. So, why is he on the list? Well, he wanted to retrieve the name of Asians when it comes to singing. He thinks that because of William, Asians or Chinese has been conotated as the worst singers. I feel bad for William Hung when he said that, but understanding where he's coming from it's not that bad of a thought to push yourself to do good. Plus it doesn't hurt if you really know they're wrong. He really has a good voice. I almost thought he's a Filipino too. But having Kim as his last name makes him a whole lot more Chinese or something.

He can't be on the list of my cute Chinese guys, but that's alright. He looks better than William Hung, which is a good sign.

I think he has already proven his point. What's next? Could he really be the next American Idol? Some Americans are still prejudicial when it comes to race.


Melinda Doolittle

Whenever I see her, I go "Hee-hee!" That's what her smile make me say.

She was very very shy during her auditions. But she was able to stand out and shine and be "proud" of her voice during Hollywood week, just in time to be part of the top 24.

She really has a wonderful voice and should be able take center stage. It's like a Mariah Carey story. Although, she's not a Mariah Carey bod.

She might even make it to the top 12 if her timidness won't get in the way. She's my bet for the best vocals.


Phil Stacey

This was the guy who went to the auditions on the day his wife was giving birth to their second child. And when Simon asked him, what he'll prioritize, his family or idol, he said his family. Even I was weirded out by the irony.

He's good looking though. It's just that stardom seem to get in his head already when you read his profile in the American Idol website. He seems to be flirting with Paula a lot too. But he still puts her wife on the pedestal though.

I have good vibes for this one, but it's on the negative side. Talk about irony! This guy seem to have a lot of it though.


Sundance Head

I'm not sure what Paula saw in this guy. Even Simon would agree with me during the Hollywood week on why he's still on the competition and Paula seems to be the only one who saw the potential in this guy.

Is he the last on the list? What I mean is, there are actually just 11 good guys this season and they just need to have 12. There are better guys, I think. Just like Antonella, the clips would lead you to think that he won't be the one left to stay to complete the list of twelce.

Is it because his dad is Roy Head and had a Gold Record? I don't even know who Roy Head is. Sorry. Maybe they're thinking that his genes came from a Gold Record holder, he's supposed to have the talent. But I don't think it's showing. Maybe he took after his mom. No offense meant there.

We'll see if people will be voting for this guy.



Honestly, I got hooked up to this whole American Idol mania just last season. Aside from the winners the only people I know from the previous years are Bo Bice and Jasmine Trias. I was very much updated last year, that I even watch replays. This year I only get to watch replays because of my job. And if I miss it I resort to the uploads in You Tube. Even if it's a bit late.

Simon is very sweet and funny this season. He showed a lot of his sense of humor this year. But still the typical Simon, you can still clasify him under rude. If I was a contestant though, I'd pay more attention to what Simon is saying. They're correct. It's just the way he puts it. You just need to squint your eyes and take his criticisms constructively. Most of the contestants could really use his advise to their advantage. And based on last year, most of the time America learned to listen on what Simon has to say.

And as always, Ryan Seacrest is soo cute!

I'll keep on watching the show of course and wait and see. Most probably my opinions would be wrong on certain contestants and there are others who got into the list that didn't catch much of my attention. I would still of course keep an eye on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin