13 March 2007

The Lake House



I did not watch this movie on the big screen because it was rumored to be very similar to GMA Films' Moments of Love, which I watched with my friends. Unfortunately, it was on a very bad timing that I think I slept during half of the time.

One of the things I love to have about love stories is the fact that they desperately try to make it seem real. So, when a love story is sort of a fantasy on the first note, I don't pay much attention.

The presentation on this one is so good, though.

I really loved the walk they had. And at the end of the walk.. the message on the wall. And I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere. I like the handwriting used there. Well, ofcourse the thought of everything.

I just can't imagine how hard it seems to move on and let go of someone you're not really sure you had.

What I'm actually thinking right now is, how much faith they had for their love. That they would meet at the right time.

When should one let go and think and say and admit that it won't work, that the relationship won't work, that you can't see how. Why would people hold on if they don't see how it would all work out and turn out to be?

Well, Alex stayed and believed.. so, did Kate, even if she tried to go on with her life.

And as usual, this was a happy ending..

Just for the record, I really find Ebon Moss-Bachrach (who played Henry Wyler, Alex's brother) cute! He's not the drop dead gorgeous type, but he was sort of cute in this movie.

Sandra Bullock states that she felt compelled to name the dog "Jack" after the character of Keanu Reeves in Speed (1994/I) - the first movie the two of them made together.

Kate: Let me let you go.

2 comments:

  1. It was a great movie, I loved the twists and all the ways that Alex was so sweet and thoughtful.

    And I was so glad to see them in a movie together again.

    Great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin