05 March 2007

where it all started

December 2002 when auditioned to be part of the Mapua Tekno Teatro. I joined not because of anything else, but simple because of my love for the art. I didn't expect to have close relationships with the people involved. My mind set was to just work hard for the productions and be a good asset to the organization, learn a lot about performing arts and be the best that I can be. But I got something so much more...

My first production with MT2 is "A Man Called, Jesus." It's a three-dimensional musical production. It's a play within a play within a play. I'm on the 2nd dimension. I play the role of an atheist director of a Christian play. It's very far from the sweet "Tessa" role I'm used to. Plus, it involves a lot of singing. Our director told me that the reason he casted me for the role is because of how I look. He liked the irony of things and the unpredictability of the character. I look so sweet and innocent to be smoking and saying bad words. This was staged at the Music Museum, March of 2003.

Here I met a wonderful set of individuals. We became a family.. The Pamilya Kampai. Then, my life was never the same again. Bwhahahahah!

They showed me the real me. What I'm really capable of doing and who I really am. I know I can live without these people in my life but I would not be this happy, fulfilled and jolly without them. They taught me the joy of laughter, the strength of friendship and the courage to walk through life's tight rope because you know you have a good safety net below. With them I can say the words, "no regrets".

"i love you, kampai"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin