18 October 2008

moo bees

thanks to imdb.com for all these info.

-= trainspotting =-

Tagline:
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a starter home. Choose dental insurance, leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose your future. But why would anyone want to do a thing like that?

Never let your friends tie you to the tracks.

Trivia:
  • Was ranked number 10 on the British Film Institute's all time best British films.
  • Although it looks thoroughly offputting, the faeces in the Worst Toilet in Scotland scene was actually made from chocolate and smelled quite pleasant.
  • The whole film was shot in just seven and a half weeks.
  • For the close-up shots of Ewan McGregor injecting himself with heroin, a prosthetic arm was constructed by the make-up department, complete with pulsing veins, smack tracks and small pockets of blood that would appear when the skin was punctured by a hypodermic needle.
Quotes
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117951/quotes
i love the quotes in this movie, they're just too long to post.

-= knocked up =-

Quotes
Debbie: You think because you don't yell, you're not mean. This is mean.

Pete: Do you ever wonder how somebody could even like you? The biggest problem in our marriage is that she wants me around. And I can't even accept that? I don't think I can accept pure love.

Ben Stone: [explaining the conception to their newborn baby] and then your Mommy said, "Just do it already!" which was very confusing to Daddy, so I took the most literal translation.
[quietly]
Ben Stone: But between you and me, it was the smartest thing I ever did, 'cause now you're here.

the funny ones are here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478311/quotes
i think i cried in this movie. well, which one did i not?

-= 1408 =-

Taglines

Based on the terrifying story by Stephen King


The Dolphin Hotel invites you to stay in any of its stunning rooms. Except one.


No one lasts more than an hour.


Enjoy your stay.


Don't stay in 1408.


The only demons in room 1408 are those within you.


The classic thriller we've all been waiting for!


Trivia

There are many references to the number "13" throughout the movie. The room is numbered "1408", add each number together equals 13. The room is on the 14th floor, and the Hotel skips the 13th floor, so the room is technically on the 13th floor. The room's key lock also has "6214" etched into it, which adds up to 13. And the first death was in the year 1912, which adds to 13.

In addition to the previous numbers adding up to 13, the hotel is mentioned to be at 2254 Lexington Street in New York City. 2254 adds up to 13.

-= 10 things i hate about you =-

i know i have seen this movie before, but i have seen it again recently and fell in love with it all over again. i miss heath. (close?)

Taglines

How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.


Romeo, Oh Romeo, Get Out Of My Face.


They're spitefully romantic


I pine, I perish!


Trivia

The title "10 Things I Hate About You" sounds remotely like "Taming Of The Shrew" (on which this film is based).

Several names reflect the Shakespearean origin of the story. Bianca's and Kat's last name is Stratford (William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon). Patrick's last name is Verona (birthplace of Petruchio, the corresponding character from the play). The high school is called Padua, which is the city in which the play is set.

Julia Stiles originally auditioned for the role of Bianca Stratford.

Michael says, "Sweet love, renew thy force," which is a line from Shakespeare's Sonnet 56.

Cameron says, "I burn, I pine, I perish," a direct quote from Taming of The Shrew.

One of the taglines for this movie is "How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways" which is an obvious play on "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways." Although this movie contains multiple references to William Shakespeare and "The Taming of the Shrew", the line "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways" was written not by Shakespeare, but by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. It is the first line of Sonnet 43 from Barrett Browning's "Sonnets from the Portuguese"

The marching band in the sequence where Heath Ledger sings to Julia Stiles had actually never marched before. They had to be taught for the purposes of the movie.

The original script was much darker to the one in the final film. In the original, Mandella (Kat's best friend) referred openly and frequently to several suicide attempts, which were for her to join with William Shakespeare.

Kat Straford is excited she got into Sarah Lawrence College. In reality, Larisa Oleynik who played Bianca Stratford really went to Sarah Lawrence College.

The song lyric "cruel to be kind" is a reference to a line from the play Hamlet; another of William Shakespeare's works.

The original song scripted for Patrick to sing to Kat to gain her forgiveness was "I Think I Love You" by 'the Partridge Family'.

Quotes

I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

this is my ever favorite, as well as everyone, i think. you can find more here. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147800/quotes

Soundtrack

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147800/soundtrack
i like the song being played during the paint ball scene. i'm not sure which one is it.

-= hitch =-

The cure for the common man.

Trivias

The mobile phone that Hitch uses to talk to Sara when Albert is getting his back waxed is a Sony Ericsson P900.

Will Smith suggested Kevin James for the role of Albert, being a fan of James' hit series "The King of Queens" (1998).

Jennifer Lopez turned down the role of Sara Melas.

The movie that Sara is watching in her apartment is Jerry Maguire (1996).

The original title of the script was "The Last First Kiss".

Kevin James made up all of the dance moves for the scene where Albert is dancing in Hitch's apartment.

Allegra Coleman was a fictitious actress created by Esquire magazine in their Nov '96 issue, designed to spoof other magazine's fawning obsession with new stars. The article written about her new "It Girl" status prompted calls from studios and talent scouts eager to offer her scripts. Ali Larter provided the face and body shots for the faux starlet.

Quotes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386588/quotes - again, there are a lot.

i'm surprised to have liked this movie. i actually did not want to watch this during the time it was showing here because i'm not really a will smith fan. and again, i needed to stop myself from crying because boris was teasing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin