19 December 2008

singing

during my last day of my leave for 2008, my good friends from the UK account went to Providence, had a couple of beers and of course, sang our heart out. it has been a long time since i held the microphone and sang. We bought Php 400 worth of tokens, and there's the four of us, thus, we had 10 songs each. Here was my line up:

Bubbly - Colbie Caillat the first song i saw, never sang this before in karaoke

Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie the song that reminds me of our Pagupud escapade

Dream of Me - Kirsten Dunst from the movie, "Get Over It". they started saying how sad the song is. this reminds me of Mima. it's one of her favorites

Ikaw - Brenan Espartinez I meant to sing "Ikaw" by Regine Velasquez and/or Sharon Cuneta. and i never heard or know this song, but it was easy to follow. and it has good lyrics.

You're Beautiful - James Blunt the song wherein i scored 99! and this is the song that Dave used to sing for me

A Whole New World - Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle almost all of us sang the song. this is my favorite duet from Disney, and it seems to be the easiest to sing

All I Ask of You - Barbra Streisand wanted to sing something from a musical and this is the next one i saw after the previous song. i just miss the stage so much. and i really like what this song says. but i learned not to ask, it should come out naturally, right?

Burn - Tina Arena one of the Laarni Classics; i missed singing this.

I Know Him So Well - Barbara Dickson and Elaine Paige again, from another musical, "Chess", and another duet, that i managed to sing alone. it reminds me of Liway and the fabulous version of Jinn and Bubu. I miss ba_rockz.

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor one of the KAMPAI songs. there was one instance that kiki told me that this song is for me. :) i did survive and i will survive whatever the future holds.

This I guess was just a preparation, because during the MT2 Team Building and Induction, when everyone was already drunk and sleeping, I had the videoke all to myself and i sang whatever song i wanted until morning came, until i almost have no voice left because the microphone was not cooperating and you would need to sing louder than usual, but it still works for me. and no one managed to beat my score of 92! Teng gave me a name, but i already deleted the message and i have very poor memory.. oh, well!

when will i be able to sing again? when i will be able to be on stage again? i hope it would be sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin