19 December 2008

why you can't give up

a scene from "Grey's Anatomy" (Didn't We Almost Have It All - Season 3 Ender)

MEREDITH: "No matter what, you walking down that aisle today. I need you to go down that aisle."
CRISTINA: "Is the toilet paper cutting off your circulation?"
MEREDITH: "You marrying Burke, it´s a sign. Sign that people like you and me ... can do this. Be healthy, be happy. You marrying Burke restores my faith in... me."

this was the scene that flashed in my memory when you said that you're giving up. i can't let you give up.

through the years that we have known each other my hopes came from you. you are full of that: hope. it's very easy for you to see the silver lining in clouds. and if you give up, all of hope would be lost. at least for me.

we love a lot, cry a lot, laugh a lot, drink a lot.. and we get hurt a lot. but we would still manage to love and laugh.. and hope that someday things would get better, that we have a happier future.

i have a friend who said that everyone deserves to be happy. well, the thing is we are always happy. i've learned that from you. that even if there are things or people that we don't have or don't love us back we still manage to be happy. so, i guess, it's not a question of happiness.

i just don't want you to give up. because you're the strongest person i know. if you can still have hope, if you can still hold on, if you can still smile and wake up the next morning, there's this possibility that i can too. but if you stop. if you no longer can.. i'm sure that no one can. specially me.

i'm always praying for your happiness, because it gives me hope.

i'm sorry if i'm putting much pressure on you. i know it's tiring. and giving up is the best way to go. but i believe in you. i believe that you are strong for this. we are strong.

so, if you would be giving up, let me know what i can do so that you won't give up. so, that you won't stop.

CRISTINA: "Meredith, please say something, say something! I... I don't know. Say what I would say you if you were me."
MEREDITH: "Okay."
CRISTINA: "Good."
MEREDITH: "Got it."
CRISTINA: "Good. Go."
MEREDITH: "Stop whining. This is your wedding day. You will got on that aisle. You will get married! If I have to kick your ass every step of the way to get you there. You will walk down the aisle and you will get married. Do you hear me Cristina? We need this. We need you to get your happy ending."
CRISTINA: "Okay, I´m ready."

We will get to our happy ending, but we won't get there if we would give up. So, don't just don't. Let's stay happy. Let's still have hope. Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin